Casserole Recipes – Bubbly Cheese and Squash Casserole
Bubbly Cheese and Squash Casserole
What you need:
Extra butter for greasing
1 T. vegetable oil
1 large onion, sliced thinly
1 T. butter
6 medium-size yellow summer squash, sliced thinly
1 c. sharp Cheddar, shredded
½ c. Parmesan, grated
½ c. sour cream
Black pepper, freshly ground
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed from medium to fine pieces
What you need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 2-quart casserole or baking dish with butter.
3. Over medium heat, sauté the onion in vegetable oil until translucent. Add the
butter and squash and stir until the vegetables are soft.
4. Place the vegetables into a bowl and add in the cheddar, Parmesan and sour
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish. Evenly sprinkle the top with cracker
7. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the top has turned golden brown and the cheeses
have melted and bubbled.