Casserole Recipes – Chunky Pineapple Casserole
Chunky Pineapple Casserole
What you need:
Butter for greasing
6 T. all-purpose flour
1 c. sugar
2 c. sharp cheddar, grated
20-oz. pineapple chunks, 2 cans (drained)
1 stick (8 T.) butter, melted
6 T. syrup from the pineapple chunks
1 c. Ritz cracker crumbs
What you need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Butter all sides of a medium-size baking or casserole dish.
3. Mix the flour and sugar together in a large bowl. Slowly add in the cheddar and stir.
4. Put in the pineapple chunks and mix well until combined.
5. Pour the pineapple chunk mixture into the baking dish.
6. In a separate medium-size bowl, mix together the melted butter, pineapple syrup
and cracker crumbs. Stir the ingredients with a spatula until completely mixed.
7. Pour the cracker crumb mixture over the pineapple mixture.
8. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the mixture has turned golden brown.