Casserole Recipes – Creamy Scalloped Oyster Casserole
Creamy Scalloped Oyster Casserole
What you need:
1 qt. oysters, shucked in its liquor and divided into ½ quart each
Butter for greasing
2 c. saltine crackers, coarsely crushed
1 c. dry bread crumbs
¾ c. butter, melted
1 c. cream
Salt and pepper
Optional: celery salt
What you need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Pick oysters without any shells.
3. Grease a deep casserole dish with butter. Put in the crackers, breadcrumbs and
butter into the dish.
4. Spread a thin layer of the cracker-breadcrumb mixture at the bottom of the dish.
5. Cover the layer with half quart of the oyster.
6. Put the cream in another bowl and season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and celery salt,
7. Pour half of the cream mixture on top of the oysters.
8. Arrange the next layer with oysters, ¾ of the cracker-crumb mixture and top this with
the cream mixture.
9. Sprinkle the surface with the remaining crumbs.
10. Bake until lightly browned, about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve.