Casserole Recipes – No Frill Eggplant Casserole
No-Frill Eggplant Casserole
What you need:
1 lb. eggplants, sliced into half-inch dice
4 T. olive oil
1 red pepper, sliced into half-inch dice
1 onion, chopped into half-inch dice
4 ribs celery, sliced into half-inch dice
½ c. fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 c. Parmesan, grated
1 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
½ c. heavy cream
Salt and pepper
What you need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Saute the eggplants in olive oil until half-cooked over medium-high heat.
3. Add the red pepper, onion and celery then cook until the vegetables have wilted,
around 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add in the basil then remove the pan from the stove.
5. Sprinkle the eggplant mixture with Parmesan and breadcrumbs. Then pour the
heavy cream and season with salt and pepper.
6. Toss all the ingredients until well-mixed.
7. Place the pan in the oven (make sure you’re using oven-proof pan) and continue to
cook for 20 minutes or until the mixture is heated through.
8. Serve the casserole paired with grilled lamb chops.