Casserole Recipes – Oatmeal-Walnut Topped Sweet Potato Casserole
Oatmeal-Walnut Topped Sweet Potato Casserole
What you need:
2 ½ lbs. sweet potatoes
1 piece orange, zested and extracted of its juice
1 t. cinnamon, ground
1 T. honey
½ c. milk
½ dried apricots, diced
½ c. oatmeal
½ c. walnuts, chopped
¼ c. brown sugar, firmly-packed
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 T. butter, cut to pea-size pieces
What you need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Arrange the sweet potatoes on a sheet tray. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes (if you
notice that they are still hard in the middle, don’t worry).
3. Meanwhile, prepare the topping by putting the oatmeal, walnuts, brown sugar, olive
oil and butter into the food processor. Pulse the ingredients until they’re well-
4. Crumble the mixture over the potatoes in a 2-quart baking or casserole dish.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the mixture is heated through and the
topping has turned golden brown. Serve hot.