Casserole Recipes – Rice and Spinach Baked Casserole
Rice and Spinach Baked Casserole
What you need:
Additional butter for greasing
2 T. butter
1 small onion, minced
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 pack frozen spinach, thawed, drained and then chopped
1 c. milk
4 c. rice, cooked
2 c. sharp Cheddar, shredded
1 t. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
1 t. fresh parsley leaves, chopped
1 t. basil leaves, chopped
Black pepper, freshly ground
Extra shredded Cheddar for topping
What you need to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a large casserole dish with butter.
3. Over medium-high heat, sauté the onions and cayenne until translucent using the 2
4. Add in the spinach and cook for another 3 minutes. Set aside the mixture.
5. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a large bowl.
6. Add to the bowl the spinach mixture, rice, cheese, thyme, parsley and basil and mix
well. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Pour the mixture into the greased casserole dish and sprinkle the top with the extra
9. Bake for 30 minutes and serve hot.