Casserole Recipes – Vegetable Galore Casserole
Vegetable Galore Casserole
What you need:
2 peeled carrots, cut into half-inch slices
1 peeled medium-size potato, cut into half-inch slices
1 peeled medium-size yam, cut into half-inch slices
1 red bell pepper, seed removed and cut into half-inch slices
5 T. olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 red onion, sliced thinly into rings
1 large (or 2 small pieces) zucchini, cut into ¼-inch crosswise slices
2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into ¼-inch crosswise slices
½ c. Parmesan, grated
2 T. Italian-style breadcrumbs, dried
Fresh sprigs of basil, for garnish
What you need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Coat the carrots, potato, yam and bell pepper with 2 T. olive oil in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch
baking dish. Spread the vegetables evenly in the pan.
3. Sprinkle the mixture with salt and pepper and mix until well-blended.
4. Evenly arrange the red onion rings on top of the vegetables. Top the mixture with
the zucchini slices.
5. Drizzle the surface with another 2 T. olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. In the next layer, arrange the tomato slices on top of the zucchini.
7. In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan and breadcrumbs and stir together.
8. Sprinkle this mixture on top of the vegetable mixture and drizzle the surface with the
remaining 1 T. olive oil.
9. Bake without cover for around 40 minutes or until the vegetables have become
tender and its surface has turned golden brown.
10. Top with sprigs of fresh basil leaves, if desired. Serve.