Chicken Pasta Recipes – Thai Boneless Chicken And Noodle Salad With Zesty Dressing
Thai Boneless Chicken And Noodle Salad With Zesty Dressing
What you need:
1 ¼ lbs. skinless chicken breasts, deboned and sliced crosswise into thin strips
3 ½ oz. Chinese rice noodles, split into two parts (if long)
1 T. vegetable oil
Zesty Asian Dressing:
4 scallion whites, sliced thinly
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ c. soy sauce
¼ c. rice vinegar
2 T. light brown sugar
1 T. fresh lime juice
½ t. anchovy paste (or mince 1 piece of canned anchovy)
½ t. chili flakes
2 pieces carrots, cut into ribbon slices with a vegetable peeler
1 cucumber, cut lengthwise into halves then sliced crosswise into thin strips
¼ c. basil leaves, roughly torn by hand
Optional: bean sprouts, chopped nuts, fresh mint leaves, chili flakes and sliced scallions
What you need to do:
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine all the Zesty Asian Dressing ingredients. Set
aside a small portion of the dressing in another bowl to be used for topping later.
2. Mix the chicken breasts and dressing in a ziplock bag. You can either marinate it at
room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerate it overnight.
3. Boil salted water in a large pot and cook the noodles until al dente. Drain and rinse
in cold water to stop the cooking process. Then place the noodles in a serving bowl.
4. Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken pieces by batch and
cook for about 1-2 minutes.
5. Top the chicken pieces over the noodles and garnish with basil, cucumber and
6. Sprinkle the noodle mixture with the remaining dressing and add in the remaining
garnish, as desired. Serve.