Easy Chicken Recipes – Chicken Flaked Almond and Apple Sandwich
Chicken Flaked Almond and Apple Sandwich
What you need:
1 c. cooked chicken meat, flaked
1 T. capers, drained
½ c. peeled apples, minced and drizzled with lemon juice
¼ c. ground or slivered almonds, lightly toasted
¼ c. mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste
8 bread slices (any type), toasted with butter
1 piece fresh peeled orange, seeded and sliced into segments
Fresh watercress for garnish
What you need to do:
1. In a bowl, mix together the chicken flakes, capers, apples and almonds.
2. Add in the mayonnaise and toss all the ingredients until well-blended.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide the mixture into 4 parts.
4. Arrange the bread slices on a serving plate and spread the chicken mixture over
5. Put the orange slices and watercress on top of each bread and cover with the other
6. Slice the bread according to your desired cut then serve.