Easy Chicken Recipes – Chicken Livers in Raspberry Glaze
Chicken Livers in Raspberry Glaze
What you need:
1 lb. chicken livers, trimmed
Salt and pepper
Flour for dredging
1 oz. vegetable oil
2 T. shallots, minced
4 oz. raspberry vinegar
2 T. raspberry jam
4 pieces French bread croutons
Watercress, for garnish
What you need to do:
1. Wash the chicken livers and pat dry with a kitchen or paper towel.
2. Season with salt and pepper and dredge them in flour.
3. Heat a pan and pour the vegetable oil. Add the livers and sauté for about 3 to 4
minutes or until they just turned pink in color.
4. Remove the livers from the pan and hold them in a warm area.
5. Using the remaining oil in the pan, sauté the shallots until translucent. Pour the
vinegar into the pan to deglaze it.
6. Add in the raspberry jam and let the mixture simmer until it becomes thick.
7. Return the livers in the pan and toss to evenly coat them in the sauce.
8. Arrange the French bread croutons on a warm plate and top them with the chicken
livers. Garnish with watercress and serve immediately.