Easy Pasta Recipes – More Than Cheesy Cheese and Macaroni
More Than Cheesy Cheese and Macaroni
What you need:
2 lbs. elbow macaroni
2 quarts Cheese sauce
Tabasco sauce to taste
Worcestershire sauce to taste
2 lbs. Cheddar cheese, grated
3 oz. whole butter (divided into 1 oz. and 2 oz.)
8 oz. breadcrumbs
Salt to taste
What you need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Centigrade).
2. Fill a pot with water and salt and bring to a boil. Add the elbow macaroni and cook
until al dente.
3. Put the macaroni in ice water, drain well and set aside.
4. Season the Cheese Sauce with the Tabasco sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
5. Toss the macaroni and cheddar into the Cheese Sauce and mix well.
6. Grease a full-sized hotel or baking pan with about 1 oz. (30 grams) butter, then pour
the macaroni mixture into the pan. Set aside.
7. Melt the remaining 2 oz. whole butter in a small pan. Add the breadcrumbs and mix
8. Evenly spread the breadcrumbs and butter mixture over the macaroni.
9. Bake in the oven without cover for about 30 minutes or until it’s hot. Serve
Photo courtesy of: Ang Sarap (http://angsarap.net/2011/02/08/macaroni-and-cheese)